Ideas for Learning spanish tenses

Hi guys, i am wondering if you have any tips for learning tense conjugation for all the tenses in spanish, including when to use them, how to form the Yo, tu, ello/ella, nosotros, vosotros y ellis/ellas for spanish tenses. I am really stuck and dont know how to go about learning them as they dont go into my head.

I found that chanting them was bog standard but good - on the other hand, it meant every time you wanted to use them, you had to re-conjugate them by going "-o, -as, -a, -amos, -ais, -an" and so on. The best way to cement them was to practice using them in my head. Like translating song lyrics, sitting on the bus in a moment of boredom and thinking to myself "they are lazy" as I saw a load of tramps slouching around... or whatever in Spanish. Basically, applying the verb in all sorts of situations in your daily life. Even if it's just inside your head. Practice it that way, and I promise you won't have problems conjugating it instantly in practice. Also work on using different tenses, make up little sentences for yourself and figure out what the verb will be. It really helped me, anyway. Plus it requires no other people and minimal effort as you only do it when you're bored :P

It's a way to waste time whilst not actually wasting any time.

• Like 2