Economics HL paper 1

Hi

So Im studying for my mock exams I guess...my economics teacher is a moron...he never explained what the paper is about and I have no clue whether any equations will be given to us...but yes I heard its supposed to be a math exam from economics.. Could you please suggest what math for economics should I study?

It will be a great help. thnx.

the economic maths paper is paper 3. paper 1 is on micro - macro. paper 2 is a data response exercise with international economics and development economicx. however this format is new meaning it will start in the time that we start the exams. the maths that you will need regard mostly costs ie. curves equations equilibrium with indirect tax. there are some in macro like inflation etc. and terms of trade in international trade, gini index. there are more. check your book in the hl section and wtudy everything with numbers and equations. good luck to our mock exams :D

Hi

So Im studying for my mock exams I guess...my economics teacher is a moron...he never explained what the paper is about and I have no clue whether any equations will be given to us...but yes I heard its supposed to be a math exam from economics.. Could you please suggest what math for economics should I study?

It will be a great help. thnx.

Ok so you mean paper 1 right? Paper 1 has two sections, one on microecnomics and the other one on macroeconomics. For each section there are two questions with part a and b (part a weighing 10 marks and part b weighing 15 marks). You have to choose one of the two essay questions from both micro and macro section. The question you choose, you have to do both parts of the same question rather than doing part a from question 1 and part b from question 2.

Paper 2 is a data response paper where you choose to do two data response questions out of three. That's simple enough. Normally it is on the international economics section although the questions would have aspects of micro and macro as well for example elasticities etc...

Paper 3 is the mathematics one. You are not given any equation and you should be able to know the equations quite well. I recently had mock and what i had was 3 major sections from which i had to choose 2. First section which i did was on Qs, Qd, equilibrium prices etc where i also had to plot this on graph. Second section which i also did was on income taxes which is quite straight forward if you've studied. Third section was on inflation which i didn't do.

You're probably talking about paper 3 where you have to do your calculations. Make sure you learn all the equations taught in class.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...