Applying while below requirement

Beni

So I am applying to 5 mechanical engineering courses in the UK, all of which requiring a 36 with 6 in maths and physics.

The problem I have is that, you guessed it, I currently have a 35 overall and a 5 in maths...the crucial subject.

Now I have looked around and pretty much all the universities (excluding the really "bad ones") want the above mentioned score.

I will be, however, most likely applying with my score on Monday and just hope for he best.

Are UK unis really that strict or can they be lenient when it comes to things like these? I think my PS was quite good and hope that I came across as determined.

I applied to these unis in order of preference: Bath, UCL, Bristol/Sheffield and Surrey.

The first two will be the hardest to get accepted to.

And does anyone know if it is better to apply to the bachelor course and then possibly add a year or immediately go for the MEng one (which has higher requirements in general).

Thanks for any help

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: This issue was dealt with a few days ago, there's no need to start a new thread. Link to the topic can be found in Arrowhead's post.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff