Biology SL Paper 1 & 2

sergio2339

Hello IBS. Hoping that you all did well in both Biology exams.

Paper 1: I think that in general it was easy, there were some a litte confusing but not too horrible.

Paper 2: It was so-so for me, there were some difficult questions. Anyway, I did number 6 in Section B, which was about ecology and genetics.

Hope to hear your comments :) . Lets see how Paper 3 is!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sat my Biology HL Paper 1 and Paper 2 mocks last week and I found both of them pretty easy.

There were a few slightly confusing questions on paper 1 where there were two answers I deemed correct and ended up picking the wrong one and one question about standard deviation, which my teacher hadn't taught us before so I had to guess. I managed to get 34/40 and 5 of those points taken off were silly mistakes on my part.

Paper 2 was also surprisingly easy. It was 90% stuff we did in IB1 which stuck in my head pretty well and was easy to write about, such as DNA structure, plant science, ecology etc. We're focusing on Human Physiology and Further Human Physiology in IB2 and there were like 2 questions on it on paper 2. The data response questions in section A were alright, although I lost a few marks for stupid mistakes or just plain guessing. Section B was surprisingly straightforward and I only missed marks because I didn't include small details. I answered a question on ecology and the greenhouse effect and another one on cells and transport. Got 56/69 on that, which I consider quite good for my first real try.

Overall I got a 90/109 which is around 83% and thus a 7. I'm happy because Biology HL is one of my favorite subjects and I'm gonna need to ace it to get to university :)

• 3 months later...