Biology Lab - Aspect 3 DCP

Victor L.

Hello guys,

I just performed an IB HL Bio Lab testing systolic and diastolic pressure after the ingestion of Gatorade.

Thing is, the data collected was only the blood pressure of the subject BEFORE and AFTER ingestion. So for example, I only have one number that means the difference of the blood pressure before and after. How am I supposed to complete Aspect 3 of the Data Collection and Processing then? How am I supposed to make a line graph with that graph? Is it possible to get the marks by doing other graphs, such as bar graph? If so, how would I make up the points for "THE GRAPH MUST INCLUDE ERROR BARS"? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You should get marks just for displaying your data appropriately, regardless of if it is a line graph or not. Provided it clearly shows any relevant relationships in your data.

The sphygmomanometer presumably does not come with error bars on it if you took a manual blood pressure (then the error is human). However a mechanical sphygmomanometer ought to have error readings on it.