French B or Viet A1?

I'm currently a sophomore and in the middle of selecting my IB choices for next year.

My dilemma lies in group 2. I don't know whether to choose French B or Vietnamese A1 (standard level either way).

I'm a Viet, but to be honest my Vietnamese really isn't that great. I can easily write literary commentaries in English, but I struggle to do the same in my mother tongue. This is really a big problem cuz Viet is only available at A1, which focuses heavily on literature analyses and all that. I know Vietnamese A1 has a really high percentage of students getting 7s, but I highly doubt I belong to that category.

I've been studying French as a second language for 4-5 years now, and I think I am able to get a decent grade if I take it as a B language. I am predicted an A* in French at IGCSE. I do quite enjoy it, but I don't know for sure if I can excel in it. How big is the jump from IGCSE French to IB French B?

I really dont know which one to choose. I'm not too concerned about not getting the bilingual diploma. I just really want to choose a subject that can give me a high mark in.