GDP per capita vs Life expectancy Math processes

Ollie Simbunga

Hey guys, its me again, I am doing my IA math studies project about "Is there a relationship between GDP per capita and life expectancy? " Could anybody be so kind and tell me what mathematical processes should I apply in this project?

Also tell me whether this project title is good enough for a math project.

Thank you.

how would I show the chi-squared test? Since I have GDP per capita and life expectancy for 60 countries? and also are you sure that it is possible to show the box plots for this question?

You do the test the same way you'd do any other one. Prove they're either independent or not. (they'll probably be dependent but have a horrid correlation). I am sure you can for that question.

least squares regression line, chi-squared test, pearson's correlation coefficient, scatter graphs, box plots... the list goes on.

Your title is fine.

'the list goes on' ...is there anything else I could add that would put me closer to a 7? :P

That's pretty much all you need. The rest is down to making sure you explain the processes correctly. If you feel the need to add more, flick through your studies book and check the statistics section.