Does Maths Studies lower university chances significantly?

LeonieIB

I took Maths Studies this year because I am not very good at Maths.

Does it lower my chances of getting into a good university in the UK?

I do not know what exactly I want to study, perhaps something business related, but not anything with science or Maths.

I've been looking at some requirements and not all allow Studies, but ones that do want a good grade in it.

Of course, after that they can still not chose you...? Anyone got into Business or something similar with Math Studies?

I wouldn't say it lowers your chances significantly. Think of it this way, you're doing way more maths than people who decided not to take maths at a further academic level at all.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=670656

Business is one of those degrees where getting some experience will definately help. Try get some business related work experience/ job, if you feel like compensating on the maths.

And if you're thinking of doing something business related at an Business school/ University in England, there's so many institutions willing to sponser/ train you. Not going to uni is a surprisingly resourceful site for University/ Non university plans.

http://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess there isn't as much Maths in Business studies as much as there is in Economics or especially Finance.

I'm not very familiar with Business, but I am considering it right now. My school does not offer it as an IB subject.

I've been looking a little into Business administration. Is it any similar to Economics, though? Because that's not my very favorite subject.

Edited by Kerry_B

That's good. I don't dislike Economics at all, but I do find it pretty difficult at times. Thank you for the link, I will have a look.

Heheh, I see you're from Holland. I will check out that university. We've had an evening visit from many universities around the world and I've talked to some staff of Tilburg University. It is so much cheaper than in the UK! Are you familiar with it? And yes, I am thinking about MBA, but I'm still looking into what it is as I'm not sure what exactly I want to do.

I take Geography HL, Economics HL, Biology SL and Maths Studies. English at A SL.