Film or History SL?

David14

Ok really - if you find film fun, do film.

Doing History SL is a bad idea, as an EXAMINER pointed out to us. Yes, for HL History there is more content but the thing is that paper 3 is where you earn all your marks really. Paper 2 is really hard, and is marked really harshly, so most people drop marks there and make up for them in paper 3 - you don't have the third paper to save you in SL. For this reason, I would probably avoid it - although at the same time, paper 1 is easy and paper 2, if you had no paper 3, would be not bad to cover the content for.

Really just stick with what you find fun, and what you like - you're more likely to work harder at it and reap the benefits, get the marks.

Also - as someone mentioned, if you do film it would be two fewer exams to worry about come exam time - you can get the work done earlier and focus on other subjects.

Guest HayashiEsme

I'd treat it like Visual Arts in a sense that you should be prepared for it to take quite a bit of your time for a good final product. I see a lot of people's IB Film pieces on YouTube that aren't up to standard because most people don't see it in the same light as film. I would take film instead of History, but I say that as a jealous person who wishes she had the choice to take film:)