Universities in NYC

yomanyomo

Hi guys,

I'm very interested in the arts. I want to study film and theatre in uni. And I want to live in New York.

So, do you know any good art school in New York that I could apply to?

I'd really like unis that I can double major in film and theatre.

I'm not really aiming for the top notch schools in NY, I just want a good school that I could fulfill my dreams at.

So any suggestions please let me know.

ALSO i'm really bad with the SATs, so the ones that do not require the SATs would be great. In fact, I'm an artist. SATs wouldn't prove how creative i am.

THANKS

Edited by yomanyomo
  • Like 1

NYADA? Just kidding.

But there's Tisch School of Arts in NYC. There's also the New York Conservatory of Dramatic Arts (NYCDA), and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA).

For Film, there's always the New York Film Academy (NYFA) and the American Film Institute (AFI) (but that's in LA). You can also always pursue one of the normal schools for their film courses like University of Southern California has a really good commerce/media programme that is a good segue to films.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

I agree with Arrowhead; Tisch School for the Arts of New York University is one of your best bets, but you can also go to The Julliard School, which is famous for both its music conservatory and its theatre programmes. Both schools take your marks holistically, meaning that they don't put numbers above everything else. You will have to audition for both though, and that's probably what will determine your success.

• 2 weeks later...

I am aiming for the same! :)

Most of the schools i am applying to are either in new york state, illinois and massachusetts.

The schools that are IN New York City are; NYU, Marymount College, Long Island University, Brooklyn.

I hear Pace University and Pratt Institute have good programs as well (but i am applying to wayyyy too many... so i avoided those)

Another school that looks SUPER interesting is Emerson College. This place specializes in Media; Film, Radio, Television, Theatre.

The program looks FANTASTIC, however, it is based in Boston.

A site I REALLY recommend is www.studentreview.com

This is an excellent website, much like this website only rather than reviewing and discussing about the IB, you discuss and rate universities in the US, some of the rankings are funny as well like "Most Beautiful Guys", "Best Partying Colleges" but also have practical rankings like "Best Film Program" and yeah.