Spanish Written Assignment

Okay, so apparently in Spanish Ab Initio we have to write a written assignment with regard to four texts.

I would like if you guys could help me out with this.

It would also be great if I could get a sample written assignment as well.

Regards.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Um, unfortunately I don't know much about Ab Initio Written Assignments. (Apparently it's quite different to SL/HL). From what I have seen from my school's ab initio class is that your Written Assignment it is supposed to reflect the cultural aspect of the language you are studying, and by doing that you do a lot of research to prep before your actual Written Assignment.

Also, I think you personally select which cultural aspect of the Written Assignment you want to do. e.g. some students at my school focused on La Tomatina, whereas others chose Las Corridas.

This is done before the 'controlled conditions', where you have 3 hours in class and monitored by your teacher to write a piece based on your research and cultural theme. (You can't take whatever you write in those 3 hours out of the classroom with you.) What you have to write, however, I have no idea.

Hope I helped, even a little.

EDIT: You only get ONE Written Assignment and ONE chance to do it, and it is sent off to the IB to get marked. Your teachers don't mark this piece at all.

Edited by carpediem

For Mandarin Ab Initio I think we're having the same trouble. From what our teacher has explained to us, there is a new syllabus thing. Therefore, the new tasks for the ab initio languages have been changed. You could maybe take a look at the new ab initio languages syllabus, that might help you. Here I leave you the link: click here

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fib-spanish-ab-initio-fy30.wesths.knoxschools.org%2Fmodules%2Flocker%2Ffiles%2Fget_group_file.phtml%3Ffid%3D12283110%26gid%3D2396673&ei=6_h4UOqjI6fBiQeX4IG4BA&usg=AFQjCNEUyayYcGzw7OPtAz-tg408--j7TA

Thank you both for briefing me up with the idea of the Spanish Ab Initio Written Assignment.

Since you'll have said it has to be culture related. How about La Comida and Food somewhere else in the world?

Thank you.

Thank you both for briefing me up with the idea of the Spanish Ab Initio Written Assignment.

Since you'll have said it has to be culture related. How about La Comida and Food somewhere else in the world?

Thank you.

I think that's fine, but since I don't know specific details I'm not sure if you're supposed to compare your target culture with your own (e.g. Indian food and Spanish food). Also, just a suggestion, maybe you should make it more specific and look at Tapas instead of just comida.

¡Buena suerte!

Could you guys help me for french ab intio. I having the same trouble

Follow the steps above. :) Unfortunately my French culture knowledge is practically non-existent (didn't really pay attention in French class), and you'll have to do some research anyway so you'd better get started! Good luck