Possible CAS opportunity: Video Collab Channel

Hello all! I'm Dani, an IB student studying at Colonel Gray High School in PEI, Canada. I've recently had an idea pop into my head that, if successful, I think could be really neat. I'm sure you guys have all seen collab channels on youtube where a different person does a video each day, and each week has a different topic of discussion. Well, I think it would be cool if we could get 5 or 7 (depending on whether people would want to give up their weekend) people from different parts of the world and create a collab channel that would focus on the different worldly perspectives. Basically, we'd just pick a topic each week, like pop culture, relationships, literature, what have you, and each talk about our different experiences with that topic. I understand that some schools have really strict CAS requirements and that perhaps this wouldn't fit into the syllabus, but even if you can't get it for CAS it would still be a really fun experience. And you don't have to be an IB student either: if any of you know of someone outside the IB that would be interested, give me a holla. Anyway, that's just something that I wanted to get out on the internet. Oh and also, if you are interested in this opportunity, please know that you have to be willing to except other's points of view and be openminded. I don't just want this to be an outlet for pent up IB frustration :)

Anyway, if you're interested, just send me a message. Here's the Collab channel I got this idea from: http://www.youtube.com/sarcaschicks . We'd be like them, but with less profanity :)

EDIT: Anyone who is seriously considering doing this collab channel, please email me at [email protected]. Until we have a finalized group, we can't really start anything :)

Edited by Dani MacDonald
  • Like 1

Awesome! I tried to message you, but apparently you need 5 posts to do that. I'm still a bit new to forum sites, ha ha.So right now we just need three or five more people, depending on how much interest we can spark. I'd really love if we could get everyone to be from a different country, just so we can get different worldly perspectives. So Canada and the US are taken :). Alicia, if you know any people from different countries that would enjoy doing this, that'd be great. I'm trying to see if I can get a friend from Ireland involved, but she might be too busy. Anyway, once we get all the people we need I'll message everyone and we can set up a channel and time frames. I really hope this happens, because I think it could be really neat!

• Like 1

Alefal- depending on how developed you want the video to be, it would probably take an hour to film/edit. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece: just say what comes to you about the topic being discussed. Message me if you if you think you'd be able to do it :)

Sarcasm is not dead- Unfortunately, I do have an Aussie who is interested already :(. However, if they back out or decide they don't have enough time to do this, I'll definitely let you know!

Dani~ that sounds good :) out of curiousity, how would you like to contacts me better? email, phone? or would that be a problem? will you be collaborating with the link above that Alefal? i was actually trying to message you as well lol but im also kinda new too. I would actually love to do this project ASAP :) tell anyone who wants in to contact me :3