Hey guys,

So I'm doing English A: Lit/Lang SL. So far I've done a written task in Part 2 (Language and Mass Communication), Part 3 (Literature - Texts and Contexts) and Part 4 (Literature - Critical Study).

I've gone over the specification, and it seems I don't have to do more tasks according to this quote from the specification:

"Students complete at least three written tasks... The content of each task must relate to a different part of the course. Therefore, at least one task must relate to part 1 or part 2, and at least one task must be based on a literary text from part 3 or part 4."

But, this site: http://www.englishal...itten-tasks.htm seems to say that I have to do one in part 1, one in part 2, and one in part 3 or 4. So which source is right? Or, what I'm really asking is, am I done or do I need to eventually do a task in Part 1 as well?

Edited by Zuler

According to the Language and Literature Subject Guide (https://docs.google....B7k7dDiiajthRyw), SL students only need to complete "at least 3 Written Tasks" and the specification itself does not state which areas it must be in. I would follow the specification (since the IBO did publish it and run the IB), and not the other website you found. It is likely that that website is a school-specific outline, and internally enforced instead of the IBO enforcing those rules

Don't forget: you send off your best Written Task, so you don't have only do 3. Do as many as it takes until you feel you have done your best Written Task, without neglecting your other subjects.

Okay, thanks a lot!

And don't worry, I've just started IB2, and while everyone's done only two tasks, I've done four (two in part 4) to try and come up with a good one for moderation. I won't stop, but I'm just waiting on my teacher to give me feedback on the Part 3 one I did over the summer (because I hope it's good enough).

Thanks again for the reply!