A few questions about CAS

LeonieIB

Hi guys :)

I just found these forums and it's great to know there's an IB forum out there!

I started my first year of IB just one week ago, and I have some CAS questions.

1. I don't have many CAS ideas, can I find some here on the CAS board?

2. I heard about faking CAS hours, is that possible? (I will not do it unless I will eventually really have to)

3. We were given some kind of ManageBac account. Will I have to submit all the activities I did on there? :P

4. Is there a minimum or maximum amount of different CAS activities I must have?

5. Will donating blood, for example, or running in the park count for service and activity? Who would be the supervisor?

Thank you.

I dunno how much program changed in CAS but I'll try to answer :)

1. Yeah, it's possible but you must think about yourself. The enjoyment of CAS is possible :)

2. Yeah, it is. The problem is that hours, if faked, should be faked smartly because CAS can be sent to the IB for verification.

3. I dunno, I do not have that system.

4. At least two in given group. No max. More activities => More paperwork.

5. Generally, do activities that you can log. For example, if you go gym and you use track write down how many kilometers/miles have you run.

Well, you need some documents for the CAS. Generally:

CAS Proposal Form -> What is activity, Who is supervisor, etc, CAS Diary - once per week, in the case of the continous activity, or just for once in case of single activity, it must be described. Finally, CAS Evaluation Form - What that activity gave me, what is learning outcome?

As far as I've searched for CAS 2014 guide I haven't seen new guide, which would imply that there was change in hour system, but contact your CAS coordinator for further info.

In case of sport, citing my coordinator, "sport is an activity when the improvement can be described". However, it is usually less strict :). You should in CAS Diary just mark that something was achieved.