SAT II and IB

Bert Macklin FBI

Hey Guys,

I'm sure this has been asked before, so I really do apologize again.

I'm currently taking HL Chem, HL Bio, and HL Math, and I thought that these would be the best subjects to take my SAT II's in.

I'll refrain from sharing scores, but I'm doing very well in the sciences and good in math. Will this help with the SAT II's ????

Can you give any advice in terms of content overlap between the SAT II and IB??

Obviously you need to study for the SAT II's but does IB help at all with these exams???

Any advice would really be appreciated :cloud9: .

Already starting to feel stressed from applications. :eek:

I don't know about Biology and Chemistry but with Maths HL you will be able to ace the math subject tests. There are some chapters not covered in the HL course like circles, ellipses, etc. but just get a good book that explains these and you will be fine. I got 800 in both math level 1 and 2 without spending more than a week on practice tests, revision and covering the unknown material. Good luck.

You should be fine with SAT II Maths, I did pretty well and I do Maths SL.

For Chem, it's basically the whole syllabus. The detail, however, I'm not sure about, but doing HL Chem certainly will help. Regardless which SAT II you take, I would advise you to purchase some SAT II subject guides (I hear Princeton Review is pretty good) because they would cover everything the SAT II requires.