French or Spanish

HeerMajithia

Hi,

I'm contemplating which subject to choose in group 2.

I've done 4 years of French, but my school doesn't allow us to it at the ab initio level. I'm a 85% student in my French igcses.

I've never done spanish.

Can you tell me which one is more scoring?

Oh ya, and thanks in advance. And I'll be giving my IB exams in May 2014

Well, you didn't say which levels are thought at your school (B, A2, A1) but I guess that 4 years of any language is enough to take it at B if you studied properly. For example, I've studied French for 5 years and I'm taking it at B SL and my knowledge isn't any close to intermediate (I can't understand anything when I watch French TV :D ). So, in my opinion you can take French B without a doubt :)

Take French (even though Spanish is super amazing :P). Although you're not super-good at it, you're at least familiar with the language to an extent and it's a lot easier than having to pick up a new language from scratch. Plus, Spanish is similar to French since both are Romance languages, and you might find yourself being confused with the Spanish words and vocabulary since you've been taking French.

I think both languages are great. But from what I've heard, Spanish is difficult to learn (some friends took that class).

I'd take French, because you have the chance to get better in that language and you already have the vocabulary. Plus, it might be better to learn one language really good instead of two languages that in the end you'll both know 'only a little'.

I think both languages are great. But from what I've heard' date=' Spanish is difficult to learn (some friends took that class).[/quote']

Lo siento, ¿qué? Spanish is really easy language, much more easy than French.

Some may say it's difficult because of all the cases where the subjunctive is needed as well as the fact that for each verb, there are more than 40 different endings based on speaker, audience, and tense :P Plus those tricky irregular verbs. I don't find it hard at all though lol.

Well obviously you should do French since you've been doing it for 4 years.

but i guess the reason why you're considering spanish is because you're interested in it...I understand ;)

I'm a language person as well, so thats why im taking 2 languages (even though I love the arts!).

I have been learning French for 2 and half years and i'm taking B at HL. Shouldn't be that hard...I did SL French B in 10th grade and got a 6 :)

wasn't too bad.

I have never studied Spanish before, so I'm taking spanish ab initio. I think French B SL would be easier than spanish ab initio for you :)

do FRENCH!