Power balance and the question of ethics

Ezak

For those that haven't seen the latest craze, it's a rubber band with a hollogram that is supposed to resonant with your body, giving you extra strength and flexibility. While the product fails in any real double- blind test, that is not what I want to discuss.

Naturally, some people are gullible, maybe I should say a lot. Is it really ok to claim things which has not been proven to be true? Is it legit to point towards obscure theories with proof that can't be found in nature, but is explained by a deliberately vague use of language and terms. I guess you could say that anything goes and as long as it is working for them it is none of our bussiness, but is it really okay to give them that credibility?

To me, I find this no better than the quackery of the old times, nothing but a scam to make money on people. I'm torn whether it should be allowed to state facts that aren't true, or if it should be labeled fraud.

Guest Positron

There's this effect called placebo, it might help someone in even if there wasn't anything in it. Sure it's a scam, but if someone is stupid enough to actually believe in it, maybe it's better for them to get scammed and learn the hard way :D