Math portfolio length

The only portfolio I've read (since I did studies =/) was only 26 pages O.o Is it possible to shrink the graphs without significantly damaging what they are displaying? Change the size of your equations? I'm assuming you are using some sort of equation maker, of course. I know the one already in Microsoft Word displays the equation in a picture like format so you can change the size of it with the little corner arrows.

As far as marks go, I can't help you. I can say that I'm sure whoever ends up grading it will not appreciate 100 pages of math though and it is possible for them to get lost in what you are trying to portray. Make sure the whole thing is concise if anything.

Okay so I am doing my portfolio and it already is 55 pages and I am afraid it could come close to 100 pages(graphs are about half a page). I know this is unusually long, would my marks be deducted for this ? I know there is no criteria for word count or any restrictions on it, but I am scared.

Type I or Type II? Longest Type I at my school was 52, last year; longest type 2 however was longer - 60-something, I believe. The worst-case scenario is you lose one mark on quality of work if you're not precise. However, you can be long and still precise, depending on the methods/layout used.

• Like 1

Okay so I am doing my portfolio and it already is 55 pages and I am afraid it could come close to 100 pages(graphs are about half a page). I know this is unusually long, would my marks be deducted for this ? I know there is no criteria for word count or any restrictions on it, but I am scared.

Type I or Type II? Longest Type I at my school was 52, last year; longest type 2 however was longer - 60-something, I believe. The worst-case scenario is you lose one mark on quality of work if you're not precise. However, you can be long and still precise, depending on the methods/layout used.

Its type 1...Its the patterns from complex numbers one and I guess to achieve higher marks I am testing for limitations and the conjecture at each of the three places. I shall ask my teacher about this and ask her suggestion to reduce the number of pages. Thanks for your help :)

I had the same problem, try to reduce the size of diagrams and tables. if you're doing a number of examples but you're simply applying the same procedure, you just need to show how to do it ONCE and say repeat the same procedure to these examples, then present a table of summary of the results.

• 4 months later...