Help for BM IA

Well, moving to a new location usually means that there's a likely hood of moving into an area where competition is high and/or low. So depending on this and other factors, profit will be hindered. So yes, you can use porters five forces analysis and in addition to this, you may use kotter's six change approaches model because you need to think about the workers and how they'll be affected as this may hinder the business's performance. Also, as ageha said, you can also use a PEST and SWOT analysis.

You will have to find more quantitative data apart from investment appraisal. Also, which investment appraisal method will you use in this case?

I would say that your IA may be excellent, because location is both interesting and focused.

Tools in business is really general; surveys is a tool, and I will second what Kim said, SWOT and PEST may be suitable, you may look for the competitive rivalry in the place and use porter, and you will find this while working on it.

Good Luck

Well, moving to a new location usually means that there's a likely hood of moving into an area where competition is high and/or low. So depending on this and other factors, profit will be hindered. So yes, you can use porters five forces analysis and in addition to this, you may use kotter's six change approaches model because you need to think about the workers and how they'll be affected as this may hinder the business's performance. Also, as ageha said, you can also use a PEST and SWOT analysis.

You will have to find more quantitative data apart from investment appraisal. Also, which investment appraisal method will you use in this case?

I was looking at payback,arr and npv. Any other suggestions ? Anything related to sources of finance ? Havent covered the entire finance in IB1. Could probably do it on my own now.

I would say that your IA may be excellent, because location is both interesting and focused.

Tools in business is really general; surveys is a tool, and I will second what Kim said, SWOT and PEST may be suitable, you may look for the competitive rivalry in the place and use porter, and you will find this while working on it.

Good Luck

Any suggestion on the survey that can be conducted? Also, I was looking for a location of a new clothing store, any idea how I can check the customer proximity ?

Edited by mayank06090

I was looking at payback,arr and npv. Any other suggestions ? Anything related to sources of finance ? Havent covered the entire finance in IB1. Could probably do it on my own now.

You could look into the different sources of finance available for the company and evaluate them.

Well. Are you SL or HL? If you're HL, then you'd have to do a lot of primary research (what wireman said) like at least 3 or 4? But, if you're SL, then don't worry about primary research much. Just 2 would do.

Like what ageha said, since locating to a new location, you have to consider where you'll get the money from. Evaluate the proper source of finance like obviously a bank overdraft wouldn't do. Probably a loan or leasing or hire purchase.

I'm not so sure if NPV would be appropriate but if you think so then okay! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi. I need some help with the Ansoff matrix of my company. My company became bankrupt half way. But I'm too far into the iA to change my company. Its a garments/textiles company and also has local stores in Bangladesh. my research deals with finding out how they can expand and compete locally.