Which is the easiest Math HL Option?

wireman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, it depends on the person, i did series and differential equations and found it tough. also depending on the year of the paper, i found most of the option papers very tough but when the exam came in may it was probably one of the easiest i could have gotten. basically all of them are tough and the only way to do well is to work hard at it and make sure you understand everything. there is no "easier option" although i would stay away from series and differential equations :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, it depends on the person, i did series and differential equations and found it tough. also depending on the year of the paper, i found most of the option papers very tough but when the exam came in may it was probably one of the easiest i could have gotten. basically all of them are tough and the only way to do well is to work hard at it and make sure you understand everything. there is no "easier option" although i would stay away from series and differential equations :P

Yeah, this year Paper 3 on Series and Differential Equations was a joke, but in 2011, it was probably the hardest one of the past 5 years. I haven't done Sets, Groups and Relations, but from what I'm actually seeing in my Abstract Algebra course in University, this should be pretty much straightforward as it gets very repetitive. Not like coming up with an integral bounded from npi to npi+1 of an absolute value of a sine in the 2011 S&DE Paper 3... I almost sh*tted my pants seeing it at first.