Higher Level Math Practice

custardapple101

• 1 month later...

If you have a windows computer, try getting question banks, which gives IB questions. They should give you a general overview of what you need to know. On top of that, try and get an IB Maths Book. This will be key. Also, ask your Maths teacher for information on the subject, and use youtube, this should set you on your way.

Don't study HL math over the summer. It's hard to teach yourself math and you'll probably forget some of it by the time you get back to school. Just have fun this summer, before you have to worry about EE and stuff next summer.

But if you really want to learn over the summer, get a tutor to teach you at least. It will be easier than studying on your own.

Before starting HL Math, like I always say, is that you make sure your algebra is brilliant! Focus not on what you're going to cover in the HL Math course over the next years, but on make sure your foundations in math are polished and perfected, i.e. fractions, equations and inequalities, factorization, graphs of various functions etc. Good luck!

• Like 1

Before starting HL Math, like I always say, is that you make sure your algebra is brilliant! Focus not on what you're going to cover in the HL Math course over the next years, but on make sure your foundations in math are polished and perfected, i.e. fractions, equations and inequalities, factorization, graphs of various functions etc. Good luck!

Quote for emphasis. All "more advanced" math revolves around the basic. If you don't know them you can't do anything else. And you will be surprised at how much you don't remember how to do.

• Like 1