UCAS: Can my firm offer be lower than my insurance?

Where Love Died Laughing

As I said, I'm putting Nottingham as my firm offer (36 points and 6 in English), but I'm thinking of adding Durham (38 points, 776 at HL) as an insurance simply for the prospect of them accepting me despite my low scores? Does that eliminate the chance of Nottingham accepting me despite the lower score or no?

Like the above poster says.

But I guess it depends on which one you wanna go most to. Although, to me it makes no sense to keep it like that, because if you fail to get the requirements for Nottingham, then chances are Durrham won't take you either, yet if you get the requirements for Durrham, Nottingham will definitely take you...

Yeah, I understand that. But Nottingham was at first my insurance option, but then I realized I want to go there. So, now I probably won't even have an insurance option, so I'm thinking of just putting Durham for the chance that if I don't meet the requirements, but they still like me as a student, they might accept me. I know the chances are 0.000000000000000001%, but I figured if I have no insurance, I might as well do that?