I don't know anything... am I going to fail?

holly

I know, I'm stupid. I barely studied and I never learned anything these past 2 years. I hate IB Biology. So, I'm dead meat for the exam for sure. But I've had pretty good scores on the IAs. Am I completely helpless?

Calm down !! You are not gonna fail.

I barely paid attention in bio class too XD & I take HL. Haven't studied anything, I'm gonna cram tonight :mail: (I suggest you should too to prevent failing :scare:)

I suggest you use Oxford's Biology for the IB Diploma revision guide by Andrew Allott. It's really good, highly recommended !!

• Like 2

IB Biology basically rewards anybody who's taken the time to memorise the answers off the syllabus. So yeah if you've not done that, you are sort-of doomed. Depends on how much you have grown to know just subconsciously throughout the two years as to how well you do, but I'd start with finding the syllabus and trying to cram the points off it before it's too late for good!

Probably Biology is one of the subjects that requires the most intense revision because it really is just committing facts to memory and then regurgitating them, and that's essentially the only skill it rewards.

• Like 1

I spent this past week slowly going through the chapters using the Pearson's textbook and click 4 biology. THe study guide is great, but my teacher said the highest you can achieve is a 5, so if thats what you are aiming for go for it. What i found is just if you go through the learning outcomes, theres nothing else outside of the learning outcomes. It doesn't take too long, and most of the chapters connect together such as Chapters 3, 6, and 11. Just relax and take your time going through the learning outcomes. :)

Is it true that if you only use the study guide, the highest you can get is a 5?.... I need at least a 6 >.<"

Guys, any tips to score full marks for essay questions?

Well I used it and got a 7 :P But then I also used the Course Companion to make notes during the year. To be honest the study guide is literally meant to be a revision/study guide in the actual sense of 'revision' - i.e. to jog your memory and help you revise stuff you've already learned, so if you use it like that then you're fine. However it is basically the bare bones so it'd help your understanding a lot if you had actually looked at the topics properly first too. Full marks for essay questions = have memorised all the facts about that part of the syllabus. No other way than that! Also write in full sentences if you're the kind of person who might not do that naturally, 'cause you get +2 points for expression or something weird like that.

Ahh thanxx Sandwich.

Ok confession time: I barely paid attention in bio class XD so didn't take much notes :dunno:

Haven't studied anything for bio yet so I'm gonna cram the hell out of me tonight. I'm really short on time so probably won't use textbook or course companion.

My IA is 40/48 so just using the Oxford guide and looking through past papers, is that sufficient enough to get me a 6?

Ahh thanxx Sandwich.

Ok confession time: I barely paid attention in bio class XD so didn't take much notes :dunno:

Haven't studied anything for bio yet so I'm gonna cram the hell out of me tonight. I'm really short on time so probably won't use textbook or course companion.

My IA is 40/48 so just using the Oxford guide and looking through past papers, is that sufficient enough to get me a 6?

Alas, as I lack the power of seeing into the future, I have no idea!

Doesn't really make much difference trying to 'prophesy' results anyway, just try your hardest and see what happens. Can't do any more and shouldn't(!!) do any less than that.

LOL ended up not even studying. Thanks for the help, you guys! I finished the exam about 3 hours ago. 2 hours and 15 minutes seemed way too much for Paper 2. But good luck you guys! I thought the exam was easier than I expected, and I didn't even study... hopefully that'll make you guys feel better and less nervous!