Engineering; UofT or UBC ?

Ace.face

I'm talking lifestyle, education, difficulty, safety, type of people, etc.

If you got in the program at either of these unis say so and tell us of your experience! ... And your final IB grade/predicted grade as well :guitar:

My number 1 choice is electrical engineering FYI...

I don't currently go to UofT but I plan on it and some of my friends are attending. I'll tell you what I've heard from them and read online; so here goes.

Lifestyle: The University offers half a dozen residences which you can choose from (but you need to hurry because they fill up quickly) and if you decide to get your own residence, there are many apartments for rent nearby.

Education: UofT is Canada's best Engineering University, ranking in the top 20 of the world.

Difficulty: UofT is intermediate in terms of difficulty to get into but Hard to stay in. To give a note in favor of UofT thought for IB students, IB prepares us for uni so the transition is smooth.

Safety: I'm not sure what you specifically mean by 'Safety' but Toronto is a pretty safe place but being out after midnight in downtown is New York Dangerous.

Type of People: UofT accepts 10,000 students each year so you'll find all sorts of people.

Hey thanks , I've been hearing a lot that it's easy to get in but hard to stay in is that true? (from what you know)

oh and anyone else on UBC :D ?

I don't currently go to UofT but I plan on it and some of my friends are attending. I'll tell you what I've heard from them and read online; so here goes.

Lifestyle: The University offers half a dozen residences which you can choose from (but you need to hurry because they fill up quickly) and if you decide to get your own residence, there are many apartments for rent nearby.

Education: UofT is Canada's best Engineering University, ranking in the top 20 of the world.

Difficulty: UofT is intermediate in terms of difficulty to get into but Hard to stay in. To give a note in favor of UofT thought for IB students, IB prepares us for uni so the transition is smooth.

Safety: I'm not sure what you specifically mean by 'Safety' but Toronto is a pretty safe place but being out after midnight in downtown is New York Dangerous.

Type of People: UofT accepts 10,000 students each year so you'll find all sorts of people.

Lmao i just repeated what you said my bad!!!

No problem mate. I don't know much on UBC except the things I've been told by the IB Biology teacher whom studied there. From what I can gather, it's a great school for biology related subjects and a good school for engineering. In engineering schools in Canada, it doesn't rank in the top 3.