Skipping HL biology topics

Alaaaan

I know I probably should've prepared better blah blah blah but here's my question:

Is it better to skip these topics which I don't know (8.2 (Photosynthesis HL) and all of 9 (Plant Science HL) and move onto other topics and my options? I need to do all those topics too... What do you recommend?

Edited by Alaaaan

Study smart, especially for Paper 2, since the majority of marks come from Section B. Section B usually has a typical layout, each question about a specific area of the syllabus. From what I've seen, they're usually grouped as:

1. biochemistry (photosynthesis/enzymes/respiration)

2. ecology and evolution

3. genetics

4. physiology

those are usually the overarching themes of each section b question, but sometimes they have no easy ecology and evolution questions. sometimes photosynthesis is grouped with plant science.

if you really don't like those topics, don't study them, but make sure you know other areas well so you can choose them in your part b answer. make sure though that you know the basic process so that in the multiple choice paper you can pick the right one.

good luck!

The problem is I haven't done physiology and the options yet, and I have my econ exam tomorrow which I had studied for before just a matter of going through things which I can do on tuesday morning, so I am pretty much gambling on the rest of today to finish physiology and one option and do the other option on wednesday when I finish with econ! Ecology is a very easy option and we're doing that so not too worried, further human on the other hand..phew! Friday come quick.

DO NOT SKIP THOSE!!! Study those. They are asked the most, like she said! Just skim them, and know the basics.

My options this year are ecology and human physiology/neurobiology.

Cells, cell respiration/photosynthesis, and ecology are some of the most asked questions/essay questions. Also know the drawings!! Human digestive system, heart, etc. Don't stress... I have my exam in few days and I haven't even studied :D

People who say that Bio is the easiest science must have amazing memory, chemistry for me was heaven comparatively!

I know !! For me, logical-reasoning subjects like Physics is much better, the same goes for chem. Bio is just pure memorisation. Why the heck did I take it in first place :eek: Damn it :surrender: