How hard is Biology HL?!

Nami

Hi, I was wondering fortaking Ib you have to take 3 HL and 3 SL :/ I was thinking about bio HL. I want to know how hard it is. I'm actually in pre ib. But thinking ahead so any help please! Thanks

P.S Ok, I'm thinking of taking chemistry HL, Bio HL. Math Sl French Sl or HL english HL or Sl

these are what i've chosen do far. But I can't decide. Thanks!

Edited by Nami

It is arguably the easiest HL science for most though this is certainly debatable as there is A LOT to memorize for the exams. Though if you think you're good at memorization and drawing diagrams then I say go for it. I would take a loo at the syllabus in the File section and take a loot at the topics.

P.S. Maybe if you told us what else you would like to to take we could compare it to your other subjects and see what would be best :)

• Like 1

It is arguably the easiest HL science for most though this is certainly debatable as there is A LOT to memorize for the exams. Though if you think you're good at memorization and drawing diagrams then I say go for it. I would take a loo at the syllabus in the File section and take a loot at the topics.

P.S. Maybe if you told us what else you would like to to take we could compare it to your other subjects and see what would be best :)

These are some that i'm thinking about taking. :)

chemistry HL, Bio HL. Math Sl French Sl or HL english HL or Sl

It's easier than Chemistry HL, that's for sure.

You also need to consider the fact that your subject choices allow you to pursue a degree in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and other courses which would otherwise be unavailable (If you chose to take Biology at subsidiary level for example).

• Like 1

Hi, I was wondering fortaking Ib you have to take 3 HL and 3 SL :/ I was thinking about bio HL. I want to know how hard it is. I'm actually in pre ib. But thinking ahead so any help please! Thanks

P.S Ok, I'm thinking of taking chemistry HL, Bio HL. Math Sl French Sl or HL english HL or Sl

these are what i've chosen do far. But I can't decide. Thanks!

I do those subjects + economics SL. So far it's OK, not too bad. Obviously right now I'm swarmed with lab reports but overall I'm coping. I would say that you need to be determined with your HL sciences though because a lot of concepts need to be learnt in a relatively short space of time, so make sure you understand everything as you go on, as they'll most likely be the fundamentals for the HL concepts you tackle in IB2.

PM me if you want to know more about each subject

• Like 1

You also need to consider the fact that your subject choices allow you to pursue a degree in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and other courses which would otherwise be unavailable (If you chose to take Biology at subsidiary level for example).

Thats what I'm aiming for, do if I take Bio HL and Chem HL than that is good for medicine? I'm just confirming.

Thats what I'm aiming for, do if I take Bio HL and Chem HL than that is good for medicine? I'm just confirming.

Yes Bio HL and Chem HL are good enough for medicine. It's not like there is a better combination than that. :P

EDIT:

Actually, never mind that. You are in Grade 10 and you haven't even started pre-IB. This is way way way way way (I can't get enough 'ways') early! Relax and you will know everything at the right time. This is doing you no good, you don't need to know all these things Nami. Since I am on the topic, stop asking this question for every subject. You are stressing too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Bio HL and Chem HL are good enough for medicine. It's not like there is a better combination than that. :P

EDIT:

Actually, never mind that. You are in Grade 10 and you haven't even started pre-IB. This is way way way way way (I can't get enough 'ways') early! Relax and you will know everything at the right time. This is doing you no good, you don't need to know all these things Nami. Since I am on the topic, stop asking this question for every subject. You are stressing too much.

Trust me, I used to think people were stupid when they thought I stressed myself out too much about this in 7th grade, but now in 10th grade, everything has fallen into place the way it needs to be.

I've found subjects that I once like (Visual arts) have become a pain to do, while others that I never really enjoyed (physics) are tons of fun. And I also want to do medicine, so if you want, look at my combination below.

Just chill out and wait for another year or two, enjoy life rightnow before IB hell.

Till then, hang out on the pre IB forum.