Spanish Ab initio grade boundaries?

So, my friend has a problem. She's taking Spanish Ab initio, but the teacher keeps giving her 2s an telling her that a pass is only from 55%. This seems ridiculous to me, and I looked at grade boundaries and they seem to be standard IB grade boundaries (meaning she's averaging a 4/5, not barely a 2). Anyone know something I don't about the boundaries or does the teacher simply seriously dislike her (she predicted her a 2, by the way)?

I have no idea, possibly your friend's teacher may do this in order for your friend to work harder and strengthen her Spanish quicker as your friend would not want a grade 2 shown at the end of the two years surely! Just let your friend know to revise her Spanish thoroughly, possibly everyday even and she will have nothing to worry about, because at the end of the day the IBO will give her the grade not her Spanish AB initio teacher. Hope that helps! :D

I have no idea, possibly your friend's teacher may do this in order for your friend to work harder and strengthen her Spanish quicker as your friend would not want a grade 2 shown at the end of the two years surely! Just let your friend know to revise her Spanish thoroughly, possibly everyday even and she will have nothing to worry about, because at the end of the day the IBO will give her the grade not her Spanish AB initio teacher. Hope that helps! :D

Ah, thanks for replying. Yeah, I thought that she was simply trying to motivate her too, but I think she should figure out her students better. My friend has just been stressing over passing Spanish ab initio for two years now, and that was the only grade bringing down her predicted grades for uni and now she sees that the grade boundaries aren't like that. She's extremely frustrated now. So, are the grade boundaries normal (with a 3 starting from about 35% or something) or are they truly like the teacher said (55% for a 2)? I find it hard to believe that they are like her teacher has been saying all this time.