Dajana

Dear everyone,

Am I the only one who is having trouble finding the supporting studies for their original research?? I couldn't find anything relevant to my study. I am doing Glanzer and Cunitz (1966) the primacy and recency effect on the free recall of the list of words. I am only doing one part of the experiment (only the recency effect, not the primacy). It is about the list of the words that people need to remember. One group of participants is doing maths problems after learning the words and then recalling and one is recalling the words immediately after they learned it. Results show that those doing math problems after, remember better the first words and less the last words from the list. Actually, I did find the researchers who did similar experiments but I can't find the method and findings of their experiments. Do you know any webpages or the ways I should search for them? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY STUDY SIMILAR TO THIS ONE OR WITH SIMILAR RESULTS. Please help, I am going crazy.

Thank you very much :)

Do you have the original paper? I found it online, it should help

I didn't have the original paper but I knew vaguely what I am supposed to do but this is awesome. Thank you very much! So I found also in this original study, two studies that they listed as the support for their Experiment II, which is the one that I am doing. Those studies are Deese (1957) and Raffel (1936). Now, I am supposed to write summary of their aims, method and findings but I cannot find it on internet again. Either I don't know how to search for it or it does not exist at all. Again, help!

I didn't have the original paper but I knew vaguely what I am supposed to do but this is awesome. Thank you very much! So I found also in this original study, two studies that they listed as the support for their Experiment II, which is the one that I am doing. Those studies are Deese (1957) and Raffel (1936). Now, I am supposed to write summary of their aims, method and findings but I cannot find it on internet again. Either I don't know how to search for it or it does not exist at all. Again, help!

This is how you search for papers. You scroll down to the bibliography and find the title of the paper you want. For example, Deese 1957 has two so if we take the first copy 'Serial organization in the recall of disconnected items' and google it. Click the top link and then pdf and voila. When this doesn't work I search scholar.google.com. Repeat for the Rafael study which you'll find on JSTOR after inputting the title into Google.

I think I'll make a sticky with this as it always comes. Good luck :).

• Like 1

I'll try that, thank you!

Once in Google scholar if you are looking for follow up studies to the original (for your discussion), search the title of the original article in Google Scholar and then click the Cited by link and you'll get a list of follow up studies.

Hey, I am sorry, to bother you about this now, but I cannot decide which test of difference to use. I have used independent measures design and my data is at the ratio level. Also my hypothesis is one directional.

Thank you very very very much :)

Hey, I am sorry, to bother you about this now, but I cannot decide which test of difference to use. I have used independent measures design and my data is at the ratio level. Also my hypothesis is one directional.

Thank you very very very much :)

For ratio level data you need a parametric test called the t-test, since it's independent measures you use an independent t-test. Use this online calculator to get your stats