JennIB12

Okay,

So, my really awesome theatre teacher got fired my first year of IB. Ever since then, we haven't really done ANYTHING in my class. I feel like I'm so far behind -- and there's only one other IB theatre student. We're really confused as to what we need to turn in and when, since our new teacher (who, unlike the one we had between her and the really awesome one, is actually trying to get stuff done) has no clue at all. What should we be doing? Can anyone list out the requirements?

Also, we got the prescribed stimuli for theatre, but we have no idea what to do with it. Do we write a play? Is this our internal assessment?

HELLLPPP. I am not failing IB just because my really awesome teacher was selfish.

Thanks!

(just copied this very same message that I replied from the other thread)

The PPP was the most fun thing for me in Theatre. You're pretty much supposed to get inspiration of producing your own play from the stimulus that you choose. :3

That being said, you would have to decide on all the details on: stage, lighting, costumes, make up, music etc.; and remember to ALWAYS state WHY you have chosen A, B, C etc. and of course refer to a theoretical approach (for example, Theatre of Cruelty or Epic Theatre) that inspired you for making such decisions.

Include all the necessary things that may help the examiner see how you want to realize and how you wish others to visualize the play, such as mind maps etc.. State what type of effect you want on your audiences, and once again, state why. Be as creative, original, and as detailed as you possibly can.

And of course look meticulously at the criteria and see what things you could include to get you the points you want for this project. ;) Good luck! Hope this helps!