Self studying a Physics option?

dessskris

Hello guys, has anyone self studied a physics option? if so, which one is that?

I'm currently doing Communications and Astrophysics. I hate Astro and totally suck at it, so I want to self study another option.

I would like an option that is more mathematical and requires less memorising. which option do you suggest me to study?

or, which option do you think is the easiest?

or I would be happy to study a chemistry related option as I'm also taking chem. just not sure which one is the most related to chem.

don't worry about me not having enough time or anything, I'll be able to find the time for this self study.

thanks guys!

Well, I'm doing astrophysics and em waves. I think that em waves is a relatively easy topic, perhaps you could have a look at that?

I guess you'll have to wait for more responses though, since I'm not that clued up when it comes to Physics.

Ohhh. Reminds me. I might need to self study another chem option. Human biochemistry is soooo urghhhh. :(

Medical physics was quite easy as well :) I didn't really like EM waves - if you don't like waves in general I wouldn't suggest it. That being said the majority of my intense revision for paper 3 was the night/morning before as it was my very last exam, and I got a 7 in HL.

Howeverrrr it also depends what textbook you have - Medical was terrible in mine but we had some other resources - whereas EM waves was really comprehensive.

Medical physics was quite easy as well :) I didn't really like EM waves - if you don't like waves in general I wouldn't suggest it. That being said the majority of my intense revision for paper 3 was the night/morning before as it was my very last exam, and I got a 7 in HL.

Howeverrrr it also depends what textbook you have - Medical was terrible in mine but we had some other resources - whereas EM waves was really comprehensive.

does medical physics involve a lot of memorising though? 100% memorising???

I never liked bio so I'm not sure if medical physics would be easy for me.

what about particle physics?

• 3 weeks later...

Special relativity is easy, or at least the questions regarding that topic are.

General relativity, however, is quite difficult, which made me not chose that option! :(

ah damn, thanks for letting me know! what option do you suggest me to do then?

I'm doing astrophysics and electromagnetic waves.