collegegrrl52

ok so we were given our musical investigation awhile ago, but our teacher never gave us an real instruction and because of this I have yet to start and the deadline is steadily approaching. So far I know that I want to the Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky but I have no idea what to pick for my second piece or what exactly qualifies as a musical link...So help and ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

melody, harmony, rhythm and meter are some musical links you can try to find! i suggest you don't get too set on the Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky. It's really hard to pick a song and then try to find something that you will find suitable musical links to, at least, that's what I found. Maybe go through youtube and listen to the radio for songs that might be suitable, and you might even stumble across two songs that have links that you never thought about :)

• 1 month later...

for musical links in our school it was recommended that we pick two different cultures and compare the similarity. it can be anything like instruments, use of voices, songs. when comparing (lets say instruments) you can focus on melody, tonality, texture, ect. if you really what to use the nutcracker i would suggest you look a Hispanic musical repertoire.

i noticed that Hispanic culture and Russians have a lot of similarity..but at the same time they are so different(their is nothing in history that would suggest a culture mixture)

what you don't want to do is compare something so similar as a russian accordion and mexican accordion...do you understand?

Good Luck!!