French IOC

Guest Humaira

Guest Humaira

Is the french IOC marked in component score?

also my topic is niqab banning in france and the conflicts in canada with it.

anyone got any suggestions of what i could say to improve my mark which is an IB 4+ in french

i just get so nervous

my IOC is 2 weeks from now, what do you guys suggest i do to improve my skills of speaking on the spot?

Guest Humaira

What do you mean by 'component' score? The IOC is worth 15% of your overall French IB mark. The topic is interesting, but be sure not to say anything that might be taken another way.

Just relax!

component score is just our schools conversion of grades of the regular school program to IB grades. its to figure out the equivalencies and convert grades. etc

our teacher said its worth 30% of our grade because im in grade 11 IB. so i guess its just how much its worth this year but overall with all of our other marks it will be worth less.

Guest Humaira

What do you mean by 'component' score? The IOC is worth 15% of your overall French IB mark. The topic is interesting, but be sure not to say anything that might be taken another way.

Just relax!

component score is just our schools conversion of grades of the regular school program to IB grades. its to figure out the equivalencies and convert grades. etc

our teacher said its worth 30% of our grade because im in grade 11 IB. so i guess its just how much its worth this year but overall with all of our other marks it will be worth less.

also im starting to watch videos on my topic for ideas, vocab and accent etc. will this help me ssince i have 2 weeks left only?

2 weeks is enough time to prepare. The best way to combat nervousness is to be prepared. Research and know your topic well. Practice saying the first part of your oral, but also get someone to ask you questions about your topic (for the second part). That way you can practice answering questions on the spot, which is the hardest part of it IMO. If you're prepared, then there's not much to be nervous about.

Watching videos is a good idea, but if you don't understand them well, don't rely on them as your primary source of information. Stick to text sources if that's the case. Watching videos is good for hearing the accent and flow of the language though. Focus on practicing more though, they don't expect you to sound like a native speaker.