maths studies project topic!

ziziii

hello. :)

i've just switched from maths SL to studies, and need a topic for my internal assessment project.

i'm interested in music, but haven't really been able to find anything project-worthy yet.

any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi! I am doing my project about probability in the game Kniffeln (I don't know if you know it, its played with 5 dice).

A girl from last year did a very interesting project (she got 17/20). Sometimes there are contests in which you need to calculate how many balls are in a car and the closest estimation earns the car. She did someting related to this, considering that the balls are spheres and that there are empty spaces between them.

Another project from past years was a girl who did her ideal voyage to Africa, she calculated many things like the weather, the currency change, airplane tickets, etc.

About music I don't know... a friend of mine is doing her EE on Maths SL and something related to Beethoven's pieces with maths, maybe you could do something related.

Test the correlation between the hours of practice/music study a person does and their math grade based on a 4.0 scale or whatever scale you use? I would jut do that. I'd keep things simple, nothing in the rubric says you need something complex. I got 20/20 simply testing the correlation between the time spent playing video games and the memorization abilities of that person.

Test the correlation between the hours of practice/music study a person does and their math grade based on a 4.0 scale or whatever scale you use? I would jut do that. I'd keep things simple, nothing in the rubric says you need something complex. I got 20/20 simply testing the correlation between the time spent playing video games and the memorization abilities of that person.

did you collect the data yourself, or from a source?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on doing my Math Project on forming an equation for sun rise timings over a period of 2 years.

Any clue on how to get on with it ?

I have my data ready, but not to sure on how to form an equation with the data.

I had thought of the music topic too, to see if there is a relation between the music we listen to and the math grades we get, but my teacher didn't allow me to go on with it.

Edited by krishma93