York/Schulich business Undergrad

kurokami

Ok, I live in Ontario and have a burning passion for business. Now the best school around is York and they say that they need lvl 6 in HL math. Unfortunately my school only offers SL math. Is it worth staying in IB for this university?? I can get a lot more business-focused credits in my regular Ontario curriculum, for which they say that they need only the gr. 12 C&V cred and gr.12 Advanced Functions cred

Personally I think that It is worth dropping out just for this university

Be homeschooled and get the creds I need as well as make money

If you took SL math that means you have two Ontario math credits: Advanced Functions and Calculus and Vectors. That's enough to apply to Schulich at York. They will look at your Ontario courses and Ontario marks first. If those are good then they will accept you. So don't drop out of IB just because you don't have the requirements because you do have them!

Dropping out of IB to take more business related courses is another story. The Ontario curriculum has a much better selection of business courses than IB :P Actually quite a few people at my school dropped out right before IB1 because they wanted to do business and IB didn't have the courses they wanted. Then there are still some people in IB wanting to study business.

It's up to you really, but I think you'll get more selection in the Ontario curriculum. You can take stuff like accounting, marketing, business management, entrepreneurship, economics etc. whereas in IB you're pretty much limited to economics and business and management.

But why do you say you want to be homeschooled? What grade are you in? If you're in grade 12 it's too late to drop out unless you drop out for second semester (but at that point I think you should just finish the IB diploma). If you're in grade 11 you could still drop out at the end of this semester or at the end of this year.