Using something I found online in portfolio

opus92fan

I found the following systems of equations online to find the equation of a parabola by using any 3 points:

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_find_quadratic_curve.html

I used it in my portfolio (the lacsap's fractions one) to find the general statement of the numerator. It worked. I don't like their terminology (example, the use of "plugging in") and I find it's very unclear at times what they are doing. What exactly did they "plug in" so to speak to get the values of b and c.

My question is what did they "plug in" (I was just merely saying that I hate that phrase, it sounds so informal) to solve for the values of a, b and c. I find it very unclear what they did at that part. I don't want to put something on my portfolio that I don't understand.

Edited by opus92fan

My question is what did they "plug in" (I was just merely saying that I hate that phrase, it sounds so informal) to solve for the values of a, b and c. I find it very unclear what they did at that part. I don't want to put something on my portfolio that I don't understand.

you plug in or substitute in values from your data into the equation