Matrix Powers

waitingfortheworldtochange

OK, so I am starting my first math portfolio that I have ever done. (Only in grade 10 Pre-IB) My teacher has told us nothing on what is expected for the format of the essay or what exactly it is that we are doing!

Practically, I'm having difficulty figuring out where to start.

My topic is Matrix Powers (Type 1) and though I understand the questions and have found some patterns, I don't know how to go about writing this dang thing. I mean, in the introduction what am I supposed to talk about? Is there going to be paragraphs for each of the three forumlas? For that matter, do I have to connect the formulas to one another? Like reference them....

If you couldn't tell, I am lost and any help would be much appreciated!

(BTW, this is due Friday, so I'm freaking out :$)

THANK YOU!

Im not sure if this could help you because i dont know what your teacher wants but if u need some help this is basically an outline of what we do in my school, it is an investigation for us (or portfolio piece, however you want to call it),this usually means that you have to have:

-title page

- table of contents

- an introduction ( what the thing you are doing is about, what you are planning to do,...)

- you need a method ( for how you found your formulas and trends)

- then you have the actual working out with descriptions of how the pattern or rule was found.

- then if possible the conclusion and evaluation where you write about what went wrong, how you solved it, how reliable your data is, real life situation, that sort of thing.