Uploading IB Visual Art Pieces

Tensai

Another one of my paranoid questions:

Say I wanted to upload some of the work I've done for IB Art to deviantArt or some such place.

Would this be bad in any way? Like, if the IB examiner saw it and didn't make the connection that it was my account, would it be seen as plagiarizing? Or can I upload my work with no possible repercussions? Or some middle ground?

Any input is much appreciated.

I doubt the IBO would go on sites like deviantArt for every candidate and see if they have gotten their artwork from somewhere else. Plus when you do your interview with the examiner you have to actually display your work, so I don't see how you could really plagiarize that unless you stole a finished work from somewhere to put it in. If you want to play it completely safe you can wait until after the IB exam results come out to post your work, but I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Well most of it's computer art and my teacher says they tend not to trust computer art all that much as is, because it's easy to steal.

I'll probably have either detailed process info in my IW or my laptop at the examination so I can show them the files.

The watermark thing makes sense, though.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

some friends have already uploaded their art work to deviant art, i dont think there would be a problem... and if they acuse you of plagiarism you can easily demostrate that it is your work

besides, in the description you can write your name and that its for IB