If we were to prove the existence of God...

as a scientist and agnostic, i think it is clear which position i represent, so no need to repeat all the sound and logical arguments made above.

(that's a compliment to the various posters ;) ) i just want to add another one.

however, has anyone ever considered the idea that the humanity will never anwer the "god question" not because of lacking evidence but lacking intelligence?

i know this sounds radical but we as a race have to step down from our high horse and accept that we are not the epitome and climax of natural creation.

yes, we may be cognitively further than any other species but this only applies to the known part of our world.

what if the investigation of this god hypothesis required knowledge and material beyond our ability? Of course, humans are constantly developing but what guarantees

that we will ever even touch the necessary level? Nothing does, and it's conceited to think otherwise.

thus a lack of explanation does not equal the existence of god.

• Like 1

Nope, love as any other emotion can be explained through biology and chemistry. in essence, love is serotonins and similar endorphines that makes you feel good, a natural high one may say.

God, on the other hand, can't be proven or disproven as it is outside the realm of our universe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can look at it in another way. lets say that hypothetically humans found/recorded that an object fell from space to earth. Now when scientists recovered it they find a map of formulas that will turn knowledge upside down. By examining this formulas we will gain new levels of knowledge. Now suppose this scientist conclude that when particles got exposure to light, radiation, speed or something to that extant and blow up(!big bang!) it created this map. Now we are rational beings(or so we like to call our self, even though we don't always act so) and this theory should sound wrong(latest i wouldn't buy it). Now a theory that this map with formulas was created by someone or something​, and somehow got on earth is more probable.

now think in terms of this nature(atoms, molecules, cells, animals/humans, tress mountains, earth, sun, planets, galaxy, universe). Now with this post i'm not trying to prove that god exists, but i would like to bring to everyone attention how silly it sounds when it is said that this nature all happen on accident(with unbelievable chances). I am a Christian and my faith is based on believe but i have to give credit to atheists because the "believe" they have has no boundaries...

i am sorry for the sloppiness in this post, i hope you got what i was trying to tell you.

• Like 1

Nope, love as any other emotion can be explained through biology and chemistry. in essence, love is serotonins and similar endorphines that makes you feel good, a natural high one may say.

God, on the other hand, can't be proven or disproven as it is outside the realm of our universe.

yes you might know what chemicals make the feeling LOVE but can you tell me how does your brain know when to release this chemicals. These chemicals make you FEEL but when you are asked what is this feeling you say it's that chemicals in your brain(chemicals=feel(but feel is non existent because its chemicals which do exist). is it just me or is there something missing here. you can explain how we get the feeling but what it is or were it is you cant explain..

Now something else...

how does the brain by producing chemicals create thoughts? How does the brain know what kind of chemicals and at what time in need to make this or that thought? where do this thoughts come from and were do they go.

you said that:"God, on the other hand, can't be proven or disproven as it is outside the realm of our universe."

i would have to disagree with the word "universe"(something can be in our universe but with our knowledge about it that can't prove or dis-prove it). i think it would make more sense if you replace it with "knowledge boundaries."

God on that other hand can't be proven or dis-proven as it is outside of the realm of our knowledge

Edited by URA BOAT