analysis and stuff

Award Winning Boss

Most of my History essays have received so far 7s so I think the advice I'm going to give you is well supported, please remind that grading varies greatly depending on your teacher rigorousness and concept of a good essay.

A good History essay is the one who is not limited to description of certain situations but carries one or more arguments throughout it, which are always justified by certain events. I always recommend to state an outline of your essay before you start writing it, with this you can structure all of the things you're going to say in an organized way without forgetting that everything you convey must be linked to your main idea. For instance, if you're going to do an essay in which you explain certain factors that contributed to Hitler's mantainance in power you might want to express the importance of manipulation of education and mass media, then you list several events that are used as a background for your points, such as the role of Goebbels and the existance of the Hitlerian Youth. Furthermore, a good Historic essay must not be written in colloquial terms, the use of a high register helps you to impress your teacher and score 7s. Please remember that you must use good sources, not Wikipedia, PLEASE. The IB recommends using first class sources and your teacher mmight appreciate your essay even more if you do this.

Good luck writing upcoming essays ;)

Edited by Procrastination
  • Like 1

Most of my History essays have received so far 7s so I think the advice I'm going to give you is well supported, please remind that grading varies greatly depending on your teacher rigorousness and concept of a good essay.

A good History essay is the one who is not limited to description of certain situations but carries one or more arguments throughout it, which are always justified by certain events. I always recommend to state an outline of your essay before you start writing it, with this you can structure all of the things you're going to say in an organized way without forgetting that everything you convey must be linked to your main idea. For instance, if you're going to do an essay in which you explain certain factors that contributed to Hitler's mantainance in power you might want to express the importance of manipulation of education and mass media, then you list several events that are used as a background for your points, such as the role of Goebbels and the existance of the Hitlerian Youth. Furthermore, a good Historic essay must not be written in colloquial terms, the use of a high register helps you to impress your teacher and score 7s. Please remember that you must use good sources, not Wikipedia, PLEASE. The IB recommends using first class sources and your teacher mmight appreciate your essay even more if you do this.

Good luck writing upcoming essays ;)

Thanks :) i'm writing one now (well going to start one :P) when you say the use of a high register is that technical terms ?