Physics SL Paper 1 & 2

Kydas

I think my whole class answered the mechanics question in extended response on Paper 2. But those questions were really confusing! I answered everything but I have no idea how right or wrong my answers were. Paper 1 had really easy questions but some of them were quite difficult.

paper 1 had a lot of 50-50 questions, but i found parts of it really easy (like that question about the book or something travelling at 20 m/s and how far will it go in 2.5 sec lol) and paper 2 was relatively easy i thought, what mass of deutrium required did everyone get in section a, i got a really small number, i think to the power negative 7

I think my whole class answered the mechanics question in extended response on Paper 2. But those questions were really confusing! I answered everything but I have no idea how right or wrong my answers were. Paper 1 had really easy questions but some of them were quite difficult.

same, my whole class did the mechanics question. Paper 2 was okay, but I never know how I went with physics.

did anyone notice how it was so much explanation and hardly any calculation?

paper 1 had a lot of 50-50 questions, but i found parts of it really easy (like that question about the book or something travelling at 20 m/s and how far will it go in 2.5 sec lol) and paper 2 was relatively easy i thought, what mass of deutrium required did everyone get in section a, i got a really small number, i think to the power negative 7

Paper 1 questions were either really easy or really hard - nothing in between.

for that puck question I put 50 m but then I thought that it can't be that easy so I changed it to 25, LIKE AN IDIOT. *facepalm*

For the impulse question with the force-time graph, did you guys get 7 as an answer? The SHM questions and the ones about chapter 7 were ridiculously easy.

I think I got a really small mass of deuterium too. I can't quite remember. but it makes sense that it would be small coz fusion produces a lot of energy right?

oh and what were the disadvantages of fusion? I could only think of one: extremely high temperatures are needed

ah lol yeah but multiple choice is always like that, there's always two that are clearly wrong.

how about that one on chapter 6 - with the two current carrying wires and it was asking you which direction the field would be.

I've never understood the whole "out of/into the plane of the page" thing so I just guessed that one.

I thought both papers were pretty straightforward however I stuffed up the last question about albedo and had a complete mindblank and put desert.... :smack:

did anyone do the question about renewable sources?

If so, what value did you get when it asked for the total energy produced?

Is this the question about the tides in B2? I got a value around 10^9J.

I thought that section looked ALOT easier than the mechanics one, most of my class did B2 too.

same I was tossing up between desert and ocean.. in the end I think I stuck with ocean. Thank God because it was correct!

and the question about the unit for energy density - charity marks!

I'm beginning to think I would've done a better job if I'd done question B2, because it had SHM in it. but I avoided it because it was combined with chapter 8.

I think everyone in my class tries to stay as far away as possible from chapter 8!

same I was tossing up between desert and ocean.. in the end I think I stuck with ocean. Thank God because it was correct!

and the question about the unit for energy density - charity marks!

I'm beginning to think I would've done a better job if I'd done question B2, because it had SHM in it. but I avoided it because it was combined with chapter 8.

I think everyone in my class tries to stay as far away as possible from chapter 8!

Nice! Yeah there were quite a few charity marks in the multi-choice, that and the puck question.

Haha fair enough... usually I do too but luckily the majority of the section was on SHM which was easy marks, and all the other sections had obscure questions I had no idea how answer. Pretty much the best of a bad lot imo.

paper 1&2 was breeze to me tbh...

there wasn't any question that's overly confusing although I may have had a mental blank on the electric circuit and drawn that incorrectly...who knows... :(

yea..for the section b mechanic,

I just did basic algebra to find the constant k in

F=k(v)^3

then just subed v =8, and I think I got something along the line of 26 KN, not sure now...

paper 1&2 was breeze to me tbh...

there wasn't any question that's overly confusing although I may have had a mental blank on the electric circuit and drawn that incorrectly...who knows... :(

yea..for the section b mechanic,

I just did basic algebra to find the constant k in

F=k(v)^3

then just subed v =8, and I think I got something along the line of 26 KN, not sure now...

me too, we did electric currents at the start of last year so I totally blanked on drawing the circuit. all I knew was that the ammeter had to be in series and the voltmeter had to be in parallel, but I didn't know whether the filament thing went at the top or bottom of the potential divider.

later I looked it up and what I'd drawn was totally wrong -.-

but at least the calculations for that question were easy.