Maths SL Paper 2

Ezeh

IB Maths SL Paper 2  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Harder or easier than expected?

i thought it was really really straight forward. i only slipped up on the amplitude of the sine curve because i thought it was negative

and the binomial probability bit at the end, as in the... probability of passing, i didn't add P(x=0) with P(x=1) i minused it from 1, i forgot that the success rate was creating a disfunctional bottle/cap

section A was piss though, as was the arithmetic sequence section B question, just free marks. if i don't get above 80% ill kick myself

but yeah a lot easier than expected, past papers have been difficult in the past, this was simple, ispent like 30 minutes drawing that graph because i had so much time

It was great :D It totally made up for my shoddy Paper 1. I couldn't tell if what I did with the probability and normal distribution question was right, because all my probabilities were quite high until the end of the question, but I'm sure I would get method marks anyway. Overall, a good paper.

It was great :D It totally made up for my shoddy Paper 1. I couldn't tell if what I did with the probability and normal distribution question was right, because all my probabilities were quite high until the end of the question, but I'm sure I would get method marks anyway. Overall, a good paper.

That's good news! And yeah the probabilities are meant to be high, because the fail rate was so low :)

It was awesome!!! I had a panic attack before this exam but once I got into reading time I could breathe easy.

I only found that I didn't organise my timing as well as I should have. I spent literally 10 minutes drawing the graph of the medicine question so I could solve for the concentration of medicine because the equation I typed into my calculator yielded a straight-line graph that went through 0 and I was trying to figure out what was wrong... (I forgot a bracket, yay me!!!) :P

I'm glad you guys found it straightforward too... sometimes I think I'm delusional :P

It was awesome!!! I had a panic attack before this exam but once I got into reading time I could breathe easy.

I only found that I didn't organise my timing as well as I should have. I spent literally 10 minutes drawing the graph of the medicine question so I could solve for the concentration of medicine because the equation I typed into my calculator yielded a straight-line graph that went through 0 and I was trying to figure out what was wrong... (I forgot a bracket, yay me!!!) :P

I'm glad you guys found it straightforward too... sometimes I think I'm delusional :P

Yeah :)

For that question I tried graphing it originally, but then I realised it would be easier to just solve for t using logs, then add that time to the original time it gave you to get the answer :)

The only reason I used the graphing method and decided to plough on (despite my obvious difficulties) was that I wasn't that confident with my log laws, so I was totally afraid I would stuff it up... :P

Except for that log thing you had to use in the calculus question, when I remembered that log a - log b = log (a/b)... yay XD

paper 2 was so goood!!! i could jump for joy.. nov 2011 session had it good compared to may 2011 and previous yearss. if u had studied nov 2010 it was almost the same! that medicine question was easy but i converted the time wrong -.- anyone else get 18:55 instead of 18:33

It was a lot easier compared to Paper 1. The medicine one was easy, and I just couldn't believe the series question in Section B, those were 14 free points. My guess is I have a good chance in getting a 6 in Maths SL.

Edited by feba

most of section B was charity marks LOL!

I expected the last question to be difficult because that's how it is in past papers but it was so easy.

section A was more difficult, but I managed most of it. that medicine question screwed me up because I didn't put brackets in my calculator, so my function kept increasing. I knew there was something wrong but I couldn't figure out what it was *facepalm*

I also messed up on that transformations thing - it was a big mistake not revising transformations of functions :(

how did you guys do that question? the function was 2t^2 - 7 stretched by a scale factor of 1/3 and translated through some vector that I can't remember any more...