CAS

HELLO!

I have done alot of CAS, I will have done 18 months of Service and action NO PROBLEMS! BUT i have will only have done 15 months of creativity!

Am i going to fail?

PLEASE HELP ME! FAST I AM BEGGING YOU! FAAAAAST!

Edited by Summer Glau
huge font size. please use a regular-sized font.

I don't think so, I think if your being consistent with at least of one the components and hitting all three at the same time, you're good. You're not going to fail, Creativity is just something that you should start working on :)

I first misread it as 15 hours of Creativity, that was what I thought was the cause of your panic. LOL

No, you aren't going to fail. IB doesn't expect you to perfectly balance each of the three components.

Edited by Pickles

I don't think so, I think if your being consistent with at least of one the components and hitting all three at the same time, you're good. But you should really work on Creativity, you're not going to fail, its just something that you should start working on :)

The thing is this, i am not a lazy student. i am in my last year now, and have done good Service, Action, and Creativity. BUT I am calcualted that I can only get 15 months, MAX For Creativity. but the rest i will have 18 months no problem. are you sure this will not be a problem?

Does anyone else know anything?

Edited by Summer Glau
same as above

Have you kept consistent with CAS? What I meant is if you are still doing your hours consistently, each week. As long as you are doing that you will be fine. Because if you have the action and service hours will be taken as extra and that is okay.

Wait, what is this about 18 months?

Is there some requirement I don't know about? I talked to my IB coordinator and she didn't tell me anything about it...

the way i see it. WE need to do 18 months of cas for each type of activity. ex (service, creativity.....)

Edited by Summer Glau
same as above

CAS is pretty sketchy among schools, a lot of details aren't mentioned, but I am assuming you aren't doing the 50 50 50 thing?

What does one month count as? We never looked at the "month" aspect in my school, only the hours per week...

Most of my buddies in school aren't doing ANYTHING. Are you on break or something? You should really get in touch with your coordinator in your school.

The reason why I think you'll be fine is that I believe your a lot better off than a lot of your friends at school who are also doing the program. I'm sure a lot of them aren't even close to what you have accomplished.

CAS is pretty sketchy among schools, a lot of details aren't mentioned, but I am assuming you aren't doing the 50 50 50 thing?

What does one month count as? We never looked at the "month" aspect in my school, only the hours per week...

Most of my buddies in school aren't doing ANYTHING. Are you on break or something? You should really get in touch with your coordinator in your school.

The reason why I think you'll be fine is that I believe your a lot better off than a lot of your friends at school who are also doing the program. I'm sure a lot of them aren't even close to what you have accomplished.

Its not 50 50 50 anyomore it needs to be done over a period of 18 months

Is there some requirement I don't know about? I talked to my IB coordinator and she didn't tell me anything about it...

the way i see it. WE need to do 18 months of cas for each type of activity. ex (service, creativity.....)

Really? I was told 50, 50, 50. I even have the package with info on CAS right in front of me. I was told I needed to do a project, but nothing about 18 months. Because I definitely do not have 18 months of anything except creativity...

Really? I was told 50, 50, 50. I even have the package with info on CAS right in front of me. I was told I needed to do a project, but nothing about 18 months. Because I definitely do not have 18 months of anything except creativity...

are you still doing IB? or have you ended? it might be some crappy rule my school has. i sure hope so!

what are your school rules?

okay this is how it is.

50 hours of creativity, 50 hours of action and 50 hours of service.

Which equals the minimum requirement of 150 hours which HAS to be completed in order to get your diploma.

Failing CAS = No Diploma!

And no, you have to have 50 hours per section. You can't have 70 hours on one and maybe just 10 hours on another.

There has to be a balance. Thats why its 50 hours per section.

So get a move on with finishing your creativity! It will be pretty easy, take up drawing classes or pottery classes. Maybe offer to help paint a mural at a school or something.

Good Luck with finishing CAS! :)

I think I have the same rules as you clever500; we dropped the 50 hour thing. Trust me, you're activities have been going better than the lot of us. A lot of us just neglect CAS activities. Honestly, how realistic is it to actually be able to do CAS for 18 months without a break?

Ok this is how it works.

At some schools, theres the 50 50 50 rule. This means that you need to do 50 hours each of creativity, action, and service.\

However, theres also the newer rule which IB is starting to use, and that involves learning outcomes. You spread CAS out over an 18 month period, and you have to do a certain amount of CAS on a consistent basis, AND satisfy all the learning outcomes in order to pass. Im assuming that this is the rule your school has, right clever500?

If so, don't worry about it. If you have 3 months less in one of the categories, then its not a big deal. As long as you have satisfied all the learning outcomes, you can pass.

If you're still worried, you can contact your CAS coordinator, but I dont think theres a reason to worry.

Also, the rules vary for each school, so one school may be doing the 50 50 50 while another is doing the 18 month one.

Edited by TurtleR

okay this is how it is.

Which equals the minimum requirement of 150 hours which HAS to be completed in order to get your diploma.

And no, you have to have 50 hours per section. You can't have 70 hours on one and maybe just 10 hours on another.

So get a move on with finishing your creativity! It will be pretty easy, take up drawing classes or pottery classes. Maybe offer to help paint a mural at a school or something.

I have more than 100 hours for each cas activity.... are doing ib right now? cause if the rules are just for my school we can get around them but if its for all IB then im F**Ked

Edited by Summer Glau
please don't use text speak.

Ok this is how it works.

At some schools, theres the 50 50 50 rule. This means that you need to do 50 hours each of creativity, action, and service.\

However, theres also the newer rule which IB is starting to use, and that involves learning outcomes. You spread CAS out over an 18 month period, and you have to do a certain amount of CAS on a consistent basis, AND satisfy all the learning outcomes in order to pass. Im assuming that this is the rule your school has, right clever500?

If so, don't worry about it. If you have 3 months less in one of the categories, then its not a big deal. As long as you have satisfied all the learning outcomes, you can pass.

If you're still worried, you can contact your CAS coordinator, but I dont think theres a reason to worry.

My school has only said 18 months, nothing about learning outcomes.

but i have already booked a time with my cas coordinator tommarow first thing. but i am just too stressed.

okay this is how it is.

I have more than 100 hours for each cas activity.... are doing ib rigt now? cuz if the rules are just for my school we can get around them but if its for all IB then im F**Ked

Oh wow! thats great then! And yes i am, just finished my CAS and handed in all the paper work a few months ago. Like how TurtleR said, IB has enforced a newer rule. So maybe your school is following the new one? Just check with your CAS co-ordinator. Thats why they're there isn't it? :) Don't worry. Just contact them and get everything cleared out. Also check with your IB co-ordinator if you're still having issues.