UC opinion on IB?

Sarabunny

Okay this is what I found directly on the International Baccalaureate Organization about University of California- Davis.

For Campus Equivalency Questions, contact Dann Trask, Assistant Dean for the College of Letters and Science.

Students completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma with a score of 30 or above will receive 30 quarter units (20 semester units) total toward their UC undergraduate degree.

Students completing only IB certificates will be awarded 8 quarter units (51/3 semester units) for each IB Higher Level examination passed with a score of 5 or above. The University does not grant credit for certificates in Standard Level examinations.

Higher Level examinations may be used by UC campuses to satisfy local general education or other major requirements. Students are advised to check with the individual UC campus to determine how general education and/or major requirements may be granted.

You can start to contact the people in charge of this in the following email: [email protected]

In conclusion, I think they only give transfer credit but it might be an advantage to you to have the diploma.

• Like 2

Okay this is what I found directly on the International Baccalaureate Organization about University of California- Davis.

For Campus Equivalency Questions, contact Dann Trask, Assistant Dean for the College of Letters and Science.

Students completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma with a score of 30 or above will receive 30 quarter units (20 semester units) total toward their UC undergraduate degree.

Students completing only IB certificates will be awarded 8 quarter units (51/3 semester units) for each IB Higher Level examination passed with a score of 5 or above. The University does not grant credit for certificates in Standard Level examinations.

Higher Level examinations may be used by UC campuses to satisfy local general education or other major requirements. Students are advised to check with the individual UC campus to determine how general education and/or major requirements may be granted.

You can start to contact the people in charge of this in the following email: [email protected]

In conclusion, I think they only give transfer credit but it might be an advantage to you to have the diploma.

Thanks! :D