DP Theatre Research Investigation (RI) HELP!?

Tatiana Filajdic

I love your focussed topic of research. I did mine on characterisation in theatrically absurd plays, focussing on The Visit. It helped that I essentially cheated by picking large chunks out of my EE which was one a similar topic. Have you read Rhinoceros by Esslin? Its amazing! Also the more traditional absurdist plays like Waiting for Godot and Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead.

• 1 month later...

Oh my goodness, Waiting for Godot is a crazy play. Is The Visit an absurdist play as well? My friend was just talking about it, and she made it sound really crazy.

I'm in the process of choosing my RI question as well :). I really want to do it on Grand Guignol theatre (it's basically gore theatre). Pretty hard because it's not very well-known and there's not much out there on it. The play I'm doing is Titus Andronicus, Shakespeare's bloodiest play. If the Grand Guignol idea doesn't work, then I'm probably going to do my RI on how Shakespeare did all the special effects and stage-make up and what not for decapitations, wounds, blood, cutting off hands, etc.

Good luck!