Dance

kijly

At my school it can be counted as both action and creativity. The hours can be split evenly between both categories but you would have to write separate reflections for them.

Talk to your coordinator and explain last year's situation and maybe he/she will let you count dance for creativity too? Sadly CAS isn't regulated as much as the other subjects so basically whatever your coordinator says goes...

It really depends, are you simply LEARNING dance from a choreographer? I think that would lean more towards action.

However, if you yourself are involved in the choreography, then it leans more towards creativity, but action is still included.

As the above poster said, whatever your coordinator says, you go with that.

In another light, if you are dancing as a form of obvious artistic expression, it is definitely creativity and action. If my coordinator said that was action, I'd argue against that...

Just know which specific elements lie in your dance activity, as the nature of it is key to defining what components of CAS it is. Depending on the dance and what it's for, it could even be service.

• 2 weeks later...