Music EE Topic

w0nemi

I desperately need an Music EE topic, but I've been thinking and researching so much, I don't even know what to do. Originally, I wanted to do it on Nocturnes (chopin), except someone at my school has already taken it. I play the violin and piano if that helps :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello=) Okay, this is a little bit late for a reply, well since you're a bit confused on a music EE i could give you a few suggestions?? But keep in mind that i do not do music.

You could analyze a piece by a classical composer? or look at the the differences between contemporary and modern classical music? Or even the formation of all the new genres that have come up recently i.e. house.

I think analyzing a piece would be pretty interesting.

Just an idea..=)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i'm doing one about 20th century music: the dominant genre in each decade and the historical events that led to it

i'm doing all of them, but analyzing ONE genre and its historical context could be a good idea for you if it helps :P

for example why was jazz was dominant in the 20's, or R&B in the 50's, or my personal favorite, grunge and alt/rock in the 90's. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello=) Okay, this is a little bit late for a reply, well since you're a bit confused on a music EE i could give you a few suggestions?? But keep in mind that i do not do music.

You could analyze a piece by a classical composer? or look at the the differences between contemporary and modern classical music? Or even the formation of all the new genres that have come up recently i.e. house.

I think analyzing a piece would be pretty interesting.

Just an idea..=)

I noticed you mentioned analyzing a piece by a classical composer. That's something I was thinking of doing but I wasn't sure how to turn that into a research question! Can anyone post me an example of this? It would be greatly appreciated!

My final research question for a Mini EE we are doing in class is: "To what extent does the melodic and chord structure of Chopin's Mazurka in A minor (Op. 17 No. 4) affect its attitude?" I plan on doing an analysis of the song and maybe even play it for people and poll their opinions on the piece.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...