Oxbridge for Australians

i love ib lol jk

I'd just like to start a thread for this for my fellow Aussies either 2012 or 2013 entry. What are your thoughts? I had Oxford pay a visit to my school (Wesley College, Melbourne, Victoria)last week and I gotta say it looks amazing. He told me that 7 undergraduates got in from Australian so that gives me a lot of hope *sarcasm*. Does anyone have a good idea about how predicted grades work?

Good luck to everyone

You 'had' Oxford pay your school a visit? How exactly does one go about that?

And yeah, I'm in a similar boat; Melbourne IB2 Student (unfortunately, at Haileybury College - not a day goes by when I don't ask myself why I didn't transfer schools when I had the chance >.<) applying for Law at Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham and Warwick for 2013 entry with a 34/35 predicted and a 7 in SL History anticipated (yet to get predicteds on the bonus matrix). I'm getting legal work experience at the Supreme Court shadowing a Justice and undertaking debating, thant and mooting, yet the applications process still scales the hell outta me.

How'd you guys go with your applications and whatnot?

Also, I've done some quick research on the LNAT and found a single test centre in Melbourne - any tips as to when I should contact them?

I'd just like to start a thread for this for my fellow Aussies either 2012 or 2013 entry. What are your thoughts? I had Oxford pay a visit to my school (Wesley College, Melbourne, Victoria)last week and I gotta say it looks amazing. He told me that 7 undergraduates got in from Australian so that gives me a lot of hope *sarcasm*. Does anyone have a good idea about how predicted grades work?

Good luck to everyone

You 'had' Oxford pay your school a visit? How exactly does one go about that?

And yeah, I'm in a similar boat; Melbourne IB2 Student (unfortunately, at Haileybury College - not a day goes by when I don't ask myself why I didn't transfer schools when I had the chance >.<) applying for Law at Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham and Warwick for 2013 entry with a 34/35 predicted and a 7 in SL History anticipated (yet to get predicteds on the bonus matrix). I'm getting legal work experience at the Supreme Court shadowing a Justice and undertaking debating, thant and mooting, yet the applications process still scales the hell outta me.

How'd you guys go with your applications and whatnot?

Also, I've done some quick research on the LNAT and found a single test centre in Melbourne - any tips as to when I should contact them?

I read somewhere that you can only do the LNAT after you apply. It then adds your score or whatever to the application & sends it to universities etc. Not 100% sure of this though.

Although it says that you need a UCAS Personal Identification number. (http://www.lnat.ac.uk/lnat-registration.aspx)

And you can't register for the test until 1 August. Although that is 2011 dates.

I guess that means that you don't really need to contact the test centre until around then. Correct me if I'm wrong!