Mandarin B SL/HL P1+2

I`m Potato

Not for my paper. I think it was relatively good in terms of the format of the paper but there was so much mistakes in the words and stuff it was kind of unbearable. At some point the mistakes slightly hinders the meaning so I have to guess what they are trying to ask! The IB should really conduct stricter quality checks for their paper...

Not for my paper. I think it was relatively good in terms of the format of the paper but there was so much mistakes in the words and stuff it was kind of unbearable. At some point the mistakes slightly hinders the meaning so I have to guess what they are trying to ask! The IB should really conduct stricter quality checks for their paper...

Completely agree! I had to guess like around two questions since I didn't understand the question, especially with the true/false part. How did you find paper 2? I did question three where you have to write an article on the advantages & disadvantages of using a mobile phone. Didn't know how to write many words so I ended up changing a lot of wordings and etc.

(TZ2 SL)

I took the HL paper. For Paper 2 I chose the question where you had to write a reflection on a movie that you recently watched. Haha. Luckily I watched a one like last week so I could write loads! Wrote like 1005 characters. Anyway, do you realize that there's so much mistranslation for traditional characters? It was really getting on my nerves for Paper 1. You know in the question booklet there was one whole sentence that was not translated to traditional characters and the characters sometimes have wrong 部首 when translated. It's that bad. Plus some questions that they asked was just plain confusing and weird.

I doubt anyone much here takes Mandarin B so I'm just going to start a new topic in case someone does like me so that we can all share opinions about the papers! Yay!

Hey I took the Mandarin B SL exam (the one with milubing, correct?). It was harder than I expected. Definitely harder than the past years that my teacher let me do. But I should be fine, made some mistake and did well enough in my oral to be able to attain a 7.

Btw don't be fooled by China flag, I'm also a Singaporean living in China hahaha. (Hello fellow SGrean)

Hahaha. Don't be fooled by my Singaporean flag! I'm just staying there, not a citizen! :P Anyway, yeah all my fellow SL classmates said it was the hardest paper they've ever seen and some couldn't even do Section B at all because they couldn't understand the question or text D. I don't know what was the SL paper about though, because I'm the only one self-studying HL in my class, so... Yeah.

Completely agree! I had to guess like around two questions since I didn't understand the question, especially with the true/false part. How did you find paper 2? I did question three where you have to write an article on the advantages & disadvantages of using a mobile phone. Didn't know how to write many words so I ended up changing a lot of wordings and etc.

(TZ2 SL)

This was the ab initio paper wasn't it? i did this paper too, and chose the same question about mobile phones! i wasnt exactly sure what it was asking haha, i'm abit useless at chiense, but i wrote about the good and bad stuff about having a cellphone - stuff like using the internet, contacting friends, distracting from howework etc... i wrote something like 230 characters? hopefully it makes sense!

how did you find paper 1? i was super confused, i didnt even understand half the stuff :(

Really? You mean the last text about Blogging? I find it the easiest text amongst all four (except for the first one about Hong Kong which was extremely SL-ish). Section B for P1 already asks for a diary so it wouldn't come out in P2. I was hoping for a diary question as well though in P2. Oh well. P2 weren't that bad I guess but the choices are rather boring.