English A1 HL P2

ib_girl

I didn't think it was too bad. However, barely any of the questions applied to the texts my school had studied! There were no themes of envy/jealousy, or war themes, and I couldn't think of anything I could make fit the 'forbidden fruit' question either. The masks question didn't fit too great either, but that's the one I did in the end. Hopefully went alright!

I did question 5(?) on TZ2. Don't remember the exact wording, but it was something about how protagonists move forward, or end up back where they started. I used An Equal Music and Never Let Me Go as my examples... At the last minute I realized that I may have interpreted the question wrong though, so I had to do try to salvage my points in my conclusion, but I'm hoping it went well...

Did no one else do poetry?

I did Q4 i think it was about the intensity of love and rambled on about Morning Song by Plath and Life After Death by Hughes chucking in a bit of Red by Hughes and Daddy by Plath... My god am I glad I no longer have to study Sylvia Plath's depressing poems any more, although in fairness they are really, really good

I did the first drama question (masks). It was the lesser of several evils, though... none of the drama or general literature questions were any good. Luckily, I got in 3 plays, as well as a macbeth reference, so I'm expecting decent marks.

I thought the general questions were absolutely beautiful... completely opposite to the usual convoluted IB crap, two utterly straightforward ones on language and historical background...

Meh, I dunno. I can't say I remembered any of the general questions after the exam, except for the fruit one. That one I felt was workable, but it was so broad that it could have been easy to drift off into my own train of thought, realizing that I left the actual question behind only too late.

Refresh my memory, what were the other general questions?