Math SL P2 TZ2

helenpark

About the ferris wheel question..

I did something really odd when answering and I'm wondering if anyone else did the same thing?

What I did to show that the height after some 8 minute was like 90 m or something.

I took the 50 m that is it after 5 minutes and then i constructed a right sided angled triangle with an angle of 3PI/10 or something. And then that x/sin(3pi/10)= 50/sin90 --> x=50sin(3pi/10) soooo then x+50= the height..

I know now that there is a waaay easier way of doing this with help of the table (But during the exam you sometimes blackout a bit ^^)

So, did anybody else did something this odd? And do you think there are still so marks to be gotten for my "oh so odd" answer?

For that one I just did f(8) = f(10) - f(2). All points?

Probably!! :) I just had a major blackout on that one. I answered all the other questions though so I should still get a good grade. Just bugs me that I missed out on something that simple!

• Like 1

Section A was really easy, but I messed up in section B and got several things wrong, like the the one with the trapezium, where I probably lost like 10 points. Do you think it's possible to get a seven with about 30 points lost in the two papers? Got a 35 / 40 for my portfolio. : /

HI everyone, how did math SL tz2 went in overall?

I found it quite easy, but i'm worried that it was good enough to make silly mistakes..

In paper 1 i did not understand the matrix inverse part, ;( which seemed pretty easy once you get what it meant..)

Part B was quite hard, easpecailly last question... (same in paper 2)

To me generally i should get least decent 5 out of 7 in each paper part A 1 and 2

but basically half rights in part B...

Im worried if the grade boundaries would be higher than last year..

I did so many silly mistakes which makes me nervous..

so i want to ask whats your general opinion about grade boundary this year? did it seem much easier than last year and seem to get high average?

I hope it would stay the same as last year which was 46 - 58 in overall grade to get 4.

Im feelin that i would get some where 45 - 50 marks in paper 1 and 40 to 44 in paper 2...

what do you think you will get in each papers??

SO TRUE. I am also scared that the paper was good enough to make careless mistakes.

Section A was really easy, but I messed up in section B and got several things wrong, like the the one with the trapezium, where I probably lost like 10 points. Do you think it's possible to get a seven with about 30 points lost in the two papers? Got a 35 / 40 for my portfolio. : /

If your portfolio stays at 35/40 points and isn't marked down or up, according to last year's boundaries, you'd need 121 points total from both papers to get a 6 (so you can lose 59 points total), and 150 points total (so you can lose 30 points total) from both papers to get a 7. My guess would be that the boundaries will be very similar this year.

I found paper 2 pretty normal, definitely harder than P1 (TZ2) but I think it went pretty well. Regarding 10, it was definitely the trickiest question in the paper, but still not too hard. Copypaste from FB by someone else on 10c (I did the same thing):

"is that the 7 mark question? i think what u had to do (thats what i did) was first show the graph and show that at x= π/2 (90º) ,which is the boudary they gave in the question, y=4 (show by substituting into the equation), thats when the graph starts having 2 x-values for the same value for y..and then calculate where the max point of the graph is (i got 5.20) and then these are the values for which A has two possible values for theta, so 4≤A<5.20"

The wording was definitely pretty confusing overall.

I did the same here :) got the same answers as you, i reckon we got it right :)

Edited by Kattattack

I did the same here :) got the same answers as you, i reckon we got it right :)

I got the same as well, and I'm quite sure it's right unless I understood the wording wrong (I triple checked calculator work). However, I didn't sketch the graph. My answer to a 7 mark question was just "4 < X < 5.20" :/ I hope the markscheme says something like N5